Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      mosheh
      Keymaster

Worldmap – Empty Map 1st

[attachment=0:3jplgfd0]worldmap.png[/attachment:3jplgfd0]

mosheh
      Keymaster

VERY ROUGH Regions, Hometown Locations Based on Race… Note: Arcana-Golem/Half-Elves under our current plans do NOT have a hometown.

[attachment=0:3352verc]worldmap – Copy.png[/attachment:3352verc]

mosheh
      Keymaster

“Ashenport Region” Our first region we’re trying to fully develop

[attachment=0:20c26w81]ashenport-region with graven.png[/attachment:20c26w81]

Treyorn
      Keymaster

We’re gonna need some more builders O.O.

The map looks really cool, and huge. This gives a lot of room for expansion. I am liking the map a lot. What are the goals for getting Ashenport done? If we can create a to do list for this region it will help a lot in getting it done. We could go through the stock areas and find some that might fit well with the area. Anybody can help with this, players and Imms. As zones are played, if you come across one that feels complete, is Fantasy based and can fit in, then we can add quests and make it an official zone. I think first step is create a to do list for Ashenport including what needs to be finished in the city itself.

What I am currently doing:

Ordinary Well – This zone is started but currently on hold.
      Newbie Zone (Unnamed) – Creating tutorials to introduce LuminariMUD features to new players as well as incorporate a battle and story to get players involved. Eventually this will turn into a series of small zones, but right now the tutorials are my main focus.
      Small fixes – Typos and Area bugs (including race errors in Mobs) that are posted on typo and bug list that I am able to fix.

mosheh
      Keymaster

Ashenport needs to be walked through and made sure all the shops work correctly, all the spec-procs are working correctly (guild masters), and that the descriptions of the rooms are appropriate for our lore.

Also I am personally insisting that we should have a quest line that carries a new character from level 1 to level 30, if you know what I mean. This should actually be a more short term goal because that could be central for test-players.

Treyorn
      Keymaster

@zusuk wrote:

Ashenport needs to be walked through and made sure all the shops work correctly, all the spec-procs are working correctly (guild masters), and that the descriptions of the rooms are appropriate for our lore.

Also I am personally insisting that we should have a quest line that carries a new character from level 1 to level 30, if you know what I mean. This should actually be a more short term goal because that could be central for test-players.

I can turn the newbie zone –> wizard –> graven into a quest chain that will cover about 12-14 levels. So areas with level 15-31 are needed for convert or original preferred.

mosheh
      Keymaster

That would be awesome Trey… if you look at the regional map, you will see the zones I selected to try and cover levels 1-30 in the ashenport region…

Let me know your thoughts, some of those zones will actually require somewhat significant work to be game-ready, BUT still easier than making all those zones from scratch…

Thoughts/comments?

Shadorn
      Participant

I love doing series of campaign/quests in row. It give MUD more life and story wise to it. Just make sure there are multiple series to it, maybe tied to alignment or in future unique to races and/or classes? Along with minor and major side quest or similar to give more background and life to the Luminari’s lore. In essence, more roleplaying focus than hack n’ slash.

– Shadorn

mosheh
      Keymaster

Yeah definitely, regional stories will often be affected by the general alignment of the area if you know what I mean… like if a region’s main city is a drow city, then the story line will probably be centered around evil plots

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.